Choosing a Case, Cover, or Skin for Your Smartphone
Your phone looks stunning, but to keep it that way, you need a cover or case to provide protection. With just about everyone owning a smartphone these days, there are protective cover options to suit every taste and lifestyle. Many manufacturers design cases specifically for a certain make or model of phone, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, so you know that your cover will fit perfectly.
What Are Smartphone Cases Made From?
Manufacturers use plenty of different materials to create phone cases. Cases have to be hard wearing as well as shock absorbing to protect the device from scratches and knocks.
- Silicone rubber is flexible and it's non-reactive, hard wearing, waterproof, and soft to the touch. Cases are washable and extremely durable, and hold colors well without fading or peeling.
- Plastic offers a hard case with durability as well as waterproofing. They tend to snap on and off the phone, encasing it in a firm unyielding shell, which comes in many colors or even in clear plastic.
- Other materials include wood, for handcrafted and rustic appeal, while still providing protection.
What About Phone Skins?
Skins and wraps offer protection while still maintaining a slim profile for your device. When you don't want to add any bulk but still protect your phone and screen, this may be the option for you.
- Skins are easily applied to your phone or screen and held in place by an adhesive backing.
- They're light, slim, and generally designed to the make and brand of your phone, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, in order to make sure the skin sits perfectly.
- Phone skins can be clear or come in colors and printed designs.
Which Style of Case Can I Buy?
There's bound to be a case to suit your taste, lifestyle, and flair.
- Feature cases formed to shape animals or cartoon characters are playful and fun.
- Leather bound cases with flip covers can act as a wallet as well. Often, they have card slots for your bank cards so you don't have to worry about carrying another accessory.
- Shockproof cases are helpful when you have a practical job, such as a tradesman, or when you work outdoors and are exposed to the elements. A shockproof case means you can drop your phone without fear of the screen shattering or the phone breaking. They are usually crafted from hard shell plastic lined with soft, shock-absorbing silicone rubber on the inside.