Performance and Racing Accessories
Increasing the performance and racing capabilities of a vehicle requires the proper parts and accessories. These racing and performance accessories are built to handle the extra pressure that is placed on the vehicle during these events. Ensuring that the parts are backed by the performance racing industry gives you the confidence of knowing that they will withstand the harshest conditions you take your vehicle through.How do you install a traction bar on a vehicle?
Traction bars are often installed on drag racing vehicles. The installation of these racing and performance accessories prevents the rapid acceleration of a vehicle from causing the rear differential from twisting. This strengthens the rear suspension of the vehicles and prevents wheel hop from occurring.
- Jack up the rear of the vehicle by placing the jack under the rear differential. When you have achieved a proper height, place a jack stand under each axle.
- Determine the proper positioning of the traction bar. To do this, you will need to know that the rear of the traction bar contains two different metal plates that are welded to the bar. Each of these plates contain two holes and will attach to your leaf spring using a single U-bold. Located on the front of the traction bar is a rubber snubber found at the tip. Position the traction bar toward the front of your vehicle.
- Then place the traction bar below the leaf spring in the area where the leaf spring and the axle shaft connect.
- Place the U-bold through each of the rear traction bar plates. Ensure that the U-bold is placed over the leaf spring and through each of the holes on the traction bar mounting plate. A lock washer must slide into place at both ends of the U-bold and be secured with a nut.
- Using a wrench, tighten each nut securely to prevent slipping or easy loosening. Repeat this process on each side of the vehicle.
When you want to increase the performance of a vehicle that has a body lift, gap guards are helpful. Installing these racing and performance accessories on your vehicle increases its visual appeal while aiding in the protection and cleanliness of your vehicles engine compartment.
- Place the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensuring that the tires are blocked so that the vehicle doesnt roll.
- Remove any gap guards that may already be installed on the wheel wells.
- Tack weld the subframe located at the rear of the wheel well. Also, make a tack weld in the area where the subframe and the bed support meet. Allow the tack weld to completely cool to ensure the weld is holding securely.
- Remove the bolt of the mud flap located at the rear inside position. Place the straight side of your new gap guard behind the mud flap. The holds of the gap guard and mud flap should align properly. Secure the mud flap, new gap guard, and vehicle body with a bolt.
- Insert the plastic fender fasteners in the new gap guard and the subframe holes.