What Are Drivers and Utility Software?
There is so much to know when it comes to keeping your desktop computer and hardware devices fully operational. To optimize your computer system, you need both drivers and utility software. Computer drivers enable your operating system to communicate with hardware devices in your system. Utilities, on the other hand, help you analyze, configure, and maintain your computer system, preventing errors and crashes.
Why Should You Install HP Drivers and Utility Software CD?
HP CD driver and utility software can help to improve your PC's functionality. Your HP system's driver and utilities CD restores device drivers to a previous, working state without having to reformat your computer's hard drive. The CD also includes a scanning utility that searches your computer for changes in its configuration, allowing you to identify system issues.
Apart from ensuring that your computer performs optimally, installing HP CD driver and utility software offers:
- Protection for your computer system from viruses and other harmful programs.
- Recovery improvement by creating a backup of the files on your computer
- Scanning the hard disks for any potential problems and disk defragmenters to re-organize file fragments on a hard disk drive to increase performance.
- Ensuring that all your PC devices such as printers, scanners, and optical drives run smoothly.
How Do You Choose CD Driver and Utility Software for an HP Windows Notebook?
CD drivers and utility software can come in handy especially when your computer cannot or is not connected to the internet. When getting a driver and utility software compact disk, there are a number of considerations you should make.
- Determine your system requirements: Typically, different computer brands use different drivers. Identify the model of your computer as well as the operating system.
- Determine the missing drivers and utility software: Identify the names of the various hardware components on your computer. You should install drivers for any components that are not functioning as well as any missing utilities.
How to Install Drivers and Utilities Using an HP CD?
Common drivers include the chipset, input device, network, audio, and video drivers. Utilities, on the other hand, are varied and range from anti-virus software to recovery tools. Installing drivers and utilities from a CD is a quite easy process. Generally, you should follow the following steps.
- Insert the HP drivers and utilities CD into your computer's optical drive.
- Select open when AutoPlay appears.
- Click the driver you need and select the folder you want to install in
- Click next on the installation wizard.
- Once the driver is installed, click finish.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by HP.