Gund Teddy Bears
Adolph Gund founded the Gund Manufacturing Company in 1898, at first producing toys and other novelties; however, the company soon began producing stuffed soft products by the means of patents for mechanized stuffed toys. Over the years, Gund has produced barking dogs, ride-ons, teddy bears, dolls with war bond themes, cartoon licensed plush animals, Ugly Dolls, and Grumpy Cats.What are some of the types of Gund stuffed products?
The company makes many types of plush animals. Some of the brands products are soft, stuffed toys with no music or animation, but the brand also offers plush toys with animation, speech, and music as well as blankets, dolls, and baby rattles.
- Soft plush: Gunds plush products include teddy bears, bunnies, dogs, polar bears, and many other stuffed types.
- Animated plush: Animated plush offerings include soft toys that move, sing, or recite.
- Musical: Musical items offer soothing melodies.
- Rattles: These toys are designed to be amusing.
- Jumbo plush: These oversized plush animals range in size from 20 to 34 inches.
- Characters: Gund has had many licensing agreements over the years to produce Disney, Ugly, Sesame Street, Beatrix Potter, and Pusheen characters.
- Holiday: Holiday celebrations can be commemorated with these holiday bears.
Gund has produced many soft products since the company first began, initially with animated merchandise.
- Ride-on duck: The ride-on duck was one of the first products at the company to incorporate its patented mechanism for movement.
- Barking dog: The barking dog was made with one of the patents in the early 1900s.
- Pull dogs: All types of toys were mechanized and also rolled on wheels due to patents from Gund in the early 1900s.
- War bond dolls: During World War II, the company produced war bond dolls in order to promote the purchase of bonds to finance the war efforts.
- Panda bears: Ling-Ling and Hsing-Hsing were two pandas given to the United States in 1972, and the company commemorated this event with the production of these soft bears.
- Teddy bears: Some of the first teddy bears were produced by Gund.
- Cartoon characters: Licensing agreements between Disney and Gund promoted the production of famous Disney characters.
- Grumpy Cat: Grumpy cat is a part of the companys product line.
- Snuffles: Snuffles was first produced in 1981.
There are many Gund plush animals that hail from both the early days of the company and from more contemporary collections. The Signature Series signed by Rita Raiffe, Muttsy, Snuffles, Canterbury Bears, Cubbi, Gotta Get a Gund Bear, Winnie the Pooh 75th anniversary edition, Gund Mohair, and Bartons Creek are all collectibles.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Gund.