Boyds Teddy Bears
Anyone who has collected plush animals or vintage collectibles is likely to be familiar with Boyds Bears. This brand has been around for decades, and its toys are intended for both children and adults. No matter the occasion or event, theres a broad spectrum of Boyds Bears available to purchase.How do you choose the right Boyds Bear?
With so many varieties available, several factors are worth considering when shopping for a collectible Boyds Bear:
Maintaining a Boyds Bear requires cleaning it periodically. Following are some tips for caring for your plush bears:
- Do not put the Boyds Bear in a washing machine because it will weaken the material and seams.
- Use a vacuum to gently remove excess dust and debris from the Boyds Bears fur.
- Spot clean the bear with a damp cloth. Avoid getting the plush bear too wet.
- Brush the Boyds Bears fur in the direction of the nap.
- If necessary, trim fur around the eyes, or any loose threads, with a small pair of sewing scissors.
Caring for resin figurines involves the following:
- Use a soft makeup brush or small, clean paintbrush to remove dirt and dust.
- For dust stuck in folds or creases, try spraying compressed air to blast the dirt out.
- Use a small, electronic vacuum to clean the collectible Boyds bears figures.
Boyds Bears are the creation of partners G. M. Lowenthal and Justina Unger, whose company was acquired in 2008 by Enesco. The first Boyd resin bear figurines were created in 1984, and stuffed bears came soon afterward. A fan club was created in 1996 and named "Loyal Order of Friends of Boyds!" For decades, Boyds Bears regularly released new and original plush and resin creations. Besides bears, the company also created and sold other animal toys called Boyds Friends. Today, Boyds Bears continue to be sold to people of all ages.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Boyds Bears.