Replacing your Smartphone Camera Lens
Not many people carry a camera as a separate device these days. Most rely on their cell phone camera to take quality pictures. So when you lose access to your phone, you don't have a camera. You may have accidentally damaged your BlackBerry, in which case replacement of the lens or other parts on your camera may be needed. But at other times your camera may just stop working for no apparent reason.
How do I troubleshoot faults on my smart phone camera?
If your BlackBerry's camera has just stopped working and you are unsure what the issue is, you can try the following procedures to try to resolve the problem:
- Soft Reset. You can try to fix the problem with the camera on your BlackBerry with a soft reset. Simply remove the battery from the device without turning it off first. After about one minute, replace the battery and turn on the cellphone. Try using the camera to see if this has resolved the problem.
- Memory Card. Pull out the memory card and re-insert it carefully to make sure that it is in the correct position. Once it is in the correct position, test the BlackBerry's camera again.
- Software Update. Your BlackBerry might need a software update. Look for your model online to see if there is an update available that could fix your problem. Outdated software can easily be fixed with an over-the-air download. If you have installed a new app just before the camera stopped working, you can also try to uninstall that app to make sure that it did not cause your problem.
- Professional Repair. If you have tried all these suggestions and your device's camera is still not working, the option is to take it to a professional repair service for fault-finding.
What should I look at when buying a replacement lens?
The lens of your BlackBerry is made from glass. The glass lens can easily break or the glass can get cracked when your smartphone is accidentally dropped. Before buying a replacement lens, consider the following:
- Phone Type and Model. There are many different BlackBerry phone types and models. When buying replacement parts, make sure that they are the correct parts for your device.
- Sales Information. Read through the information supplied by the seller carefully to make sure that you know exactly what you are buying. Parts like the black lens frame or holder and the black back cover may be included with your replacement lens.