How to Select the Right Laptop
When you're looking at ASUS laptops, the GHz may throw you off, but this terminology refers to the processor's speed. A 3.00 GHz and up Intel GHz processor keeps your CPU working efficiently, so you can complete the tasks you need to do in the most efficient way possible. Along with it, there are a few other factors to keep in mind as you shop for a new laptop.
What Should You Consider When Buying a Laptop?
Keep a few considerations in mind when you're buying a computer. Depending on how you plan to use the machine, the features it offers, the type of computer it is, and the processor can all be crucial factors.
- Consider the processor, as there are several types that an ASUS laptop comes equipped with. These include Intel and AMD GHz processors of various configurations and cores, such as a Core i5 or a Core i7.
- You'll also want to consider storage in the form of an SSD (or solid-state drive) or HDD (or hard drive) The amount of RAM the computer has onboard should also be considered, especially if you're looking for a gaming laptop. You'll need more storage if you frequently game or store substantial amounts of music, photos, or other media.
- The display may be of particular importance to you. An HD (high-definition) display produces clear, crisp, and saturated colors and vivid, vibrant details, while anti-glare properties reduce eye strain. The size of the display is another consideration, as these range from slim 13-inch options to larger 15-inch or 17-inch models.
What Are Some Features of Laptops?
Aside from boasting performance processors and plenty of memory, a 3.00 GHz laptop has many built-in features that make the machine even more functional.
- Select a model with a touchscreen display for an interactive experience.
- A built-in webcam lets you video chat with friends and family or take part in video conferencing with colleagues around the globe.
- A performance graphics card, such as an NVIDIA GeForce card, allows you to game glitch-free. In fact, many gaming laptops come equipped with these cards to create lag-free gaming.
Which Models Are Available?
There are many available models that offer 3.00 GHz, but there are a few with features that you may want to consider as you seek a new device for work, play, or gaming purposes.
- The VivoBook is a 2-in-1 device that gives you a little of both worlds: a tablet and a laptop. Its flipbook style allows you to flip the keyboard over and use the tablet via its touchscreen. These ultra-slim models are portable, convenient to carry, and meant for multi-tasking.
- Select a ZenBook for a user-friendly model with multiple features and a 12.5-inch display.
- An ROG model is meant for gaming and can handle heavy-duty graphics.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by ASUS.